Tag Archives: update

March 2012 Update

Sadly, the MAYDAY blog has been very quiet lately. I’ve been flying and building but I just don’t have the time to keep updating the blog as much as I used to. I will make time soon, you can expect some videos in early April.

In the last couple of months and coming up:

  • Built a Parkzone Stryker F27C from parts with a Turnigy motor. Have to clock it but I guess about 70 MPH.
  • Fixed damaged Super Cub.
  • Started taking a lot more pictures and videos of everything (just haven’t had time to upload).
  • Planning to build a new plane or airboat from scratch.

As always, I’m available for flying around South Florida and for RC help via email or social networking. My number one goal with this site is to help RC pilots with issues I had and wished someone would help me with when I started flying three years ago.

You can email me, hit me up on Twitter @killerwin, PM me on RCGroups.com, comment to this or any blog post or hit “Call Me” down there to connect to my cellphone.

Dead Simple Wing 30 and 24

Update: Down Time, More Blue Foam

I haven’t been doing much flying or building lately. I haven’t really had much time to do anything RC. In early August I flew this thing I finished like two months ago:



Under Side

It’s a Dead-Simple Wing made bigger and with blue foam and foamboard instead of Depron. It flew really nice on the following setup:

I’m also loving the OrangeRX R610 6-channel receivers (the ones with the sat port) on my DX6i. I have a Gravity Hobby 800 mAh 3S 25C LiPo that I bought specifically for this model that I’ve yet to try but it’s a lot lighter and delivers a bit more power.

I crashed it and need to repair it.

I first built a 24 inch one but I felt it was too tiny for the setup I wanted. I was right.

So that’s on a shelf until I figure out what to do with it. It’ll probably end up as the wing on another project. For now I’m trying to continue on this project:

It’s partly copied from the Phase III Squall but without the long end and it’ll have two vertical stabs. That shouldn’t be done anytime soon. I expect to finish it in 6-8 weeks or so; depends on how much time I have to work on it.

As always, follow me on Twitter (@killerwin) to keep up with my day-to-day dealings.